2FA for CWP

Ling
Go to solution Solved by Ling,

Dear Sandeep

You are the brain behind CWP Control Panel.

Can you enlighten us, by when CWP will get a fully functional working 2FA for both, the user panel and the Root Main Control Panel?

Currently the once working (Version 1156 was the last one) 2FA of the user panel is broken (until today's 1163 version), and the Root Main Control Panel still has to rely on the outdated solution from RCSchaff, which is an inofficial 3rd Party and not officially supported anymore.

I mean, nowadays for all existing control panels on the market, 2FA is state of the art. And having a 200 characters long password just for security reasons is not really advisable.

CWP is overall very promising, but just in this outmost important security aspect totally falls short.

On the other side, I think it is not really rocket science to create such a working 2FA for both panels, I believe you will write that within a couple of hours, I believe. Could I encourage you?

BR

Ling

18 hours ago, Sandeep B. said:

I've identified the issue and the devs are working on it this will be resolved soon in next version of cwp. For CWP-admin 2fa will not be releases as of now but our devs have this in there to do list.

I think there should be an unified and modular solution for both panels, otherwise it always will a source of problems in the future. I have noticed that even ChatGPT can write the PHP code structure on demand, sure it could not integrate it because of missing background knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/29/2023 at 1:23 PM, Sandeep B. said:

I've identified the issue and the devs are working on it this will be resolved soon in next version of cwp. For CWP-admin 2fa will not be releases as of now but our devs have this in there to do list.

Already two more versions of CWP have passed and the issue with the user panel non working 2fa still not resolved. Seems your devs are not listening to you anymore....

• 3 weeks later...

Even today, as 6 more versions have passed, still no working two factor authentication for both panels available. Apparently anything else is more important than security in CWP. This is a very sad story. Every AI program can write this nowadays, so really no rocket science. Even me, as a bloody beginner, could implement a working "solution" using code fragments from RCSchaff and others, more than 6 months ago. 

The fact that I had to do this, and YOU guys even hearing my comments for a long time are simply doing NOTHING, throws a bad light on the seriousness of the whole CWP team. As a paying user I feel quite left alone, and I seriously ask myself: what is the point in reporting any topics here if in the end really nothing happens, despite empty promises.

In the end this is just a serious flaw of CWP with no remedy. And the tragic is: Not because it is difficult to solve (which I even could understand in general), only because of IGNORANCE.

On 9/6/2023 at 8:09 AM, Sandeep B. said:

I understand the frustration, please mail your comment to the head developer here `info@centos-webpanel.com`

I already notified the developers multiple times but the fact is they are busy with more important fixes in cwp and 2fa fix is in there list.

I did so, but I doubt it will change anything. If you could not change their attitude, how could I ....

On 9/7/2023 at 9:07 AM, Sandeep B. said:

fix for 2fa is ready devs are testing it. 

Lets see when it is ready. Last time they also have tested it, so it does not mean a lot, especially not that it works. Yeah I should be more positive....the steps here are too incremental. Another year may pass before we have a solution. Can't you write it by yourself then we have it tomorrow and it will work - for both panels.

• Sad 1

Just now, Ling said:

Lets see when it is ready. Last time they also have tested it, so it does not mean a lot, especially not that it works. Yeah I should be more positive....the steps here are too incremental. Another year may pass before we have a solution. Can't you write it by yourself then we have it tomorrow and it will work - for both panels.

It took me one week, so I just tell you this from the comparison of our knowledge levels....and yes I am too lazy to do this patch for every new version which comes out...

• Solution
8 hours ago, Sandeep B. said:

fix for 2fa is released for user panel. 

Yes, I can confirm: Now it works again, finally. Hope it will survive the coming version updates. I have sent you some further small fixes as a thankyou, just some cosmetics, nothing essentiial.